Additional category description module for prestashop
At the moment, the main properties of the module look like this:
2. Easily display the available additional category descriptions as a general list for better management.
3 . Display an additional description of the category on the category page in the back office.
4. Display additional category descriptions in the front office on category pages (left and right column hooks, footer hook, and variable position).
5. A partial view of the additional description.
6. The ability to show an additional description of the category only on one page (the first page) of the category in the presence of page numbering and filters (supported only in prestashop 1.7.x).
7. Ability to show an additional description of the category only on one page (first page) of the category if there is page numbering (full page reload) (supported only in prestashop 1.6.x).
8. Multilanguage support.
9. Multistore support.
The module settings form is as follows: Here you can configure the list of display categories in the module settings, customize the type of category description for the front office: The list of additional description texts is convenient for quick search.
Also, the form allows you to filter the categories in the list, which is convenient for a large number of categories:
The form for adding and editing an additional description of the category is as follows:
Here you can select the desired category for which you want to add an additional description.
You can also add and edit the text of an additional category description directly in the category card in the back office: By default, the module displays an additional description in the front office, at the bottom of the category page: The module also supports partial display of an additional description: And also, the module has the ability to show an additional description of the category only on one page (first page) of the category.
Full functionality is better implemented on prestashop versions starting from 1.7.x.